The software Xilog Plus from the SCM Group is used to manage the CNC-machining centres with numerical control. It consists of two pieces of software, which can be installed separately or together: the program editor and the machine control panel.
The program editor is used to create and modify programs that contain the operating instructions of the machine and its constituents. It can also be installed on a standard office PC. In its place, also other editors to create the programs can be used.
The machine control panel allows the interpretation and execution of the programs created with the editor. It also allows the semi-automatic and/or manual management of the movements of the machine. It is installed on the PC of the machine.
Xilog Plus is used for all CNC-machining centres of the series Record, Ergon, Pratix etc. since 2000.
Previous versions of Xilog Plus are Routolink and Xilog3. The successor version is Xilog Maestro.
- Workpiece geometry programming with graphic editors with simultaneous translation into the machine language
- Subroutines and user-macro-management
- Program editor (free text format, guided editor, graphics editor, copy/insert/replace functions)
- Graphic display of the tool head
- Fault diagnosis of programming and machine errors
- Tool radius and length correction
- Display of suction cup positions
- Work lists for automatic operation
- Multitasking, i.e. programming while the machine works
- Barcode management
- DXF import possible
- NUM-JERK function (dynamic control of the accelerations/decelerations)
- Supports up to 5 languages
- Xilog Plus has to be installed on a computer with Windows operating system. This computer is connected to the SPS (PLC). Optionally used as SPS is NUM or KVARA.