According to the company a leading manufacturer of sanding machines, located in 8620 Wetzikon (Zurich/Switzerland).
- Production: in Wetzikon/Switzerland and Gotha/Germany
- Subsidiaries in Germany, France and England and collaboration with many partner companies (thus a world-wide sales and service network)
- Received several awards and patents including for the diagonal-grinding technology, which was pioneering in the technology of Wide belt sanders: 'Challenger Award' of the biggest wood exhibition in America (IWF, Atlanta, USA)
- New developments of recent decades: thickness measurement over the entire width, automatic storage of the current work settings, eco
- Energy-saving mode software
- Model series of wide belt sanders: Premium, Brilliant (since 2004) and Technic
Lukas Kündig becomes successive manager. With this, the Swiss machine company stays within the family after almost 75 years. The management up until now, consisting of father Stephan Kündig (management Technik & Produktion) and Uncle Hansruedi Kündig (Management Marketing) will be a supportive figure for the ETH master graduate in the field of engineering.
Managing Director: Hansruedi Kündig, lic. oec. and Stephan Kündig, mechanical engineer, HTL; approx. 100 employees
Reconstruction of the plant in Gotha and renaming of ENORM Schleifmaschinen GmbH to Kündig GmbH. Kündig is relocated to Gotha.
Acquisition of a manufacturing plant near Gotha
|Since about 1990|
Manufacturing of edge- and wide belt sanders
Foundation of the German subsidiary ENORM Schleifmaschinen GmbH in Kirchheim/Neckar
Founded in Zurich by Armin Kündig