Wilhelm Altendorf GmbH & Co. KG
Leading manufacturer of sliding table saws based in Minden, Westphalia.
Altendorf Group GmbH
Combination of the company Altendorf, HEBROCK and EBM since April 2018.
- The Altendorf family withdraws completely from the company and sells the majority of company shares to the Dutch investor Avedon Capital Partners.
- Since the LIGNA 2017 Altendorf distributes the SCHELLING Panelsaw S 45 throughout Germany. Altendorf is a saw expert responsible for the initial consultation and marketing in Germany. The Schelling-experts take over the service and the set up of the machine of Altendorf customers.
- The special model F 45-Edition 111 is similar to 111 years ALTENDORF sawing technology.
Feature: Production of 111 circular saws with a design-panel (front side of the machine) what shows 111 annual rings.
- Up to 2017 ca. 150 000 machines have been produced at ALTENDORF
marketing launch of the ALTENDORF F 45 with new control concept: ElmoDrive, ProDrive and EvoDrive
- Besides the managing shareholder Tom Altendorf, two new managing directors have been ordered:
- Jörg F. Mayer takes over the executive board "distribution"; he is already active in different departments since 2001, i.a. since 2009 as managing director at the Altendorf location in Qinhuangdao/ China.
- Wolfgang Ruhnau takes over the commercial managing board of the Altendorf group. He's already responsible since 2002 for the Ressort finances/controlling and was also authorised officer of the group.
- Thus Altendorf has lead the transition into the next generation as family company. Wilfried Altendorf accompanies furthermore the company as managing director and chairman of the advisory board.
Launch of the model F45 ELMO III D - machine with bilateral pivoting blade
The company produces in Germany, Brazil and China, another site in India ist planned; spare parts for models that back to the year 1936 are stored.
Introduction: parallelogram cross slide; voltage in vacuum sliding The company is producing about 4500 machines per year and advertises with 130,000 Altendorf machines produced in the 100-year history.
Opening of new sales and service center in Minden; 100-year anniversary; the new generation F 45 and F 45 ELMO (anthracite) is presented
Kurt Altendorf dies; construction of the sales and logistics center in Minden; introduction of the WA 6
Introduction of the WA 8
Siegfried Thiele retired from the company; introduction of the WA 80
Tom Altendorf joins the company
Acquisition of machinery Müller Minden mbH; world record: The 100,000st machine leaves the factory; innovation: user-guided machine control
Establishment of Altendorf Asia, introducing the three Altendorf series F 45, F45 ELMO, F 45 POSIT / c.a.t.s.; panel sizing program POSIT / c.a.t.s.
Expansion of the administrative building in Minden; introducing: TIP-SERVO Drive
Death of Willy Altendorf; establishment of Altendorf Qinhuangdao; Introduction of the F45 POSIT cats - the first sliding table saw in the world with interface for PC and four CNC-controlled axes; RAPIDO scoring system ; VARIO drive: infinitely adjustable actuator of the saw unit
Presentation of the new generation of panel saws with CNC control: the introduction of the POSIT-series
Kurt Altendorf retired from active business life.
Electromotive adjustment of the rip fence is presented
Establishment of Altendorf in Australia
New: Double-sided fence
The first foreign subsidiary in the U.S.
The hydraulic axe adjustment is introduced.
First annual production of 3000 saws; innovation: pivoting blade
Commissioning of today's factory on the Wettiner Avenue / Minden; the protective hood with integrated suction is introduced
Willy Altendorf and Siegfried Thiele take over the management.
Innovation: concrete-steel composite construction of the machine stand
Innovation: scoring unit
First annual production of 1,000 units
Introduction of mass production; the world's first aluminum sliding table; henceforth the focus is solely on the design and production of panel saws
Death of company founder Wilhelm Altendorf
Introduction of revenue sharing for employees
New construction of the sliding table
The sons Willy and Kurt join the company
Relocation of the factory to Minden, Westphalia
Establishment and invention of the sliding-table saw 'System Altendorf' by Wilhelm Altendorf in Berlin