Paul´s production series 20 was produced from the 1980s up to the beginning of the 1990s and was additionally designated PAULtronik.
- PAULtronik-cut-off-saws were first-time equipped with a Paul MAXI CNC-control that also allowed cut optimisations (depending on the technical type).
- These machines could be used as pre-cut-off-saws for unedged material or as optimization cross cut saws (with measuring station).
- The additional titles E and GE provide information on the trimming saws attributes - is it a pure vertical movement (model 20E) or does the saw blade move horizontal and vertical (model GE).
- This model´s machine table is horizontal. It is not equipped with Paul´s typical inclination of production series 12 Paul 12, 11 Paul 11 or 14 Paul 14.
- A manually moveable measuring carriage with a line laser serves as a measuring system.
- The plank´s beginning and end, nominal value interfaces and various wood qualities could be marked by the touch of a button. The operator was able to see the underside of the workpieces that had to be measured or marked by use of mirror.