Classical use of sanding
- Support panels and veneer blades respectively sanding on a particular thickness = calibrating
- Shortening wood fibres on the surfaces as wide as possible = fine sanding
- Shearing the quilling wood fibres between the painting processes = lacquer sanding on surfaces and edges
- glossy sanding of lacquer surfaces = calendering
New sanding applications
Subdivision of sanding machines according to the workpiece form
Sanding of bar shaped workpieces
Sanding panel-shaped workpieces
Difference of sanding machine after the sanding principle
The machines are equipped with one or several widebelt sanders.
- Wood material panels with firm sanding roller and granulation +/-P60 sanding on measure (calibrating)
- Dressing of veneered panels through Sanding pads
- Before the coating with sanding pads swimmingly stored and granulation of P120 to P240 fine sanding.
- Before the coating with sanding pads swimmingly stored and granulation of P300 to P600 which shear off wood fibres which straighten due to swelling.
- Preparing with P800 to P2500 high-gloss polishing after the coating
- Effect sanding, e.g. „rough sawn“ sanding with transversal sanding unit and granulation P16 or facilitating a Vintage-Effect through a single programmable sanding pad segments
When sanding with brushes the workpiece dimension are not to be chaned, but the edges will be rounded and the profilme interior sides will be smoothed out.
If the brushing stock Anderlon and steel wire are chosen, they'll remove the soft wood parts (early wood zone) and give a rusty look to the wood.