Homag Group Inc.
Worldwide market and technology leader in machinery, equipment and system solutions for the panel processing industry and craft.
- Plants and system business
- Automatization technology
- Life Cycle Services
- Surface technology
- Panelsizing technology
- Consulting and software
- CNC Unit technology (Join Venture with BENZ tool systems)
- Shutdown of the production platn decided in the lower-saxonian Hemmoor. About 150 jobs have been cancelled.
- Further layoffs have been planned in Germany until 31st Dec 2020
- Merging of the business segment systems and animation
- On the fair "wood-handicraft" in Nuremberg presents HOMAG for the first time their new image with new names for the machines and innovative design.
- HOMAG confirms the partnership with the KUKA AG (robot technology) and the border-group (driverless transport systems) in the field of the wood-processing.
- On the fair the cloud-based data platform TAPIO is initially demonstrated in connection to the optimization software intelliDivide.
- HOMAG is present in over 100 countries and holds a marketing share of around 30% of woodworking machines.
- With the slogan 'One company - One brand' HOMAG changes the marketing strategy. In the future, the panel sizing machine by HOLZMA, the edgebander by BRANDT, the CNC-machine by WEEKE or the sanding machine by BÜTFERING are all carrying the HOMAG logo.
- Beginning 2016 the HOMAG group employed overall 5900 people.
- For the 1st February 2016 the newly-founded HOMAG Germany GmbH acquired for all companies the HOMAG group the distribution and service in the field of the industry customers. In Herzebrock/Westphalia the HOMAG Germany GmbH has a Competence Centre i.a. for presentations and events in command. Especially in the region Bavaria the Competence Centre Denkendorf is still active.
- The Homag Group will be governed by Pekka Paasivaara (chairman) and Franz Peter Matheis (company director)
- June: the supervisory board of the Homag Group AG has designated Pekka Paasivaara (53) on the 15th June 2015 as CEO of the group. By that the integration of Homag in the Dürr concern was completed. Pekka Paasivaara becomes the new CEO of the Homage Group.
- In the company approx. 1500 employees work on a production area of 80.000 m².
- The two subsidiaries BARGSTEDT Handlingsysteme GmbH, Hemmoor, and LIGMATECH Automationssysteme GmbH, Lichtenberg, are incorporated gradually in HOMAG Automation GmbH. Both their location and well established brandmark are preserved.
- 03.02.2014: HOMAG Group AG increases its shareholding of the American distribution and service organization Stiles to 100 %. A cooperation had already existed since 1992. In 2013 Stiles had a relevant market share of 35 % in the USA, and with 290 employees they generated a sales revenue of 158 million USD, which constitutes a rise of 22 % compared to 2012. The company still operates under the name 'Stiles Machinery Inc.'. * July: The car supplier DÜRR, specialising in varnishing systems, acquires the majority share of HOMAG. At that time, according to the given information, HOMAG has a market share of 28 %. The recent sales revenue of the company in Schopfloch/ Black Forest with its 5100 employees is at 789 Million Euro. Dürr has 8250 employees and a recent sales revenue of 2.4 billion Euro - well 80 % in the car industry.
Mr. Frieder Schuler becomes new head of Homag Group Engineering.
- Alexander Prokisch becomes Head of Central Marketing of Homag Group AG/ Schopfloch.
- HOMAG Group AG increases its shareholding in BRANDT from 70 to 100 percent.
- The subsidiary TORWEGGE/ Löhne will be shut down till the end of 2012.
- The Group has 20 own sales and service companies and around 60 exclusive distributors, 16 specialized production companies, including 5 overseas; market share around 27 %
- October 2010: Renaming of HOMAG Holzbearbeitungssysteme AG in Homag Holzbearbeitungssysteme GmbH
Lightweight doubleEdge; IPO of Homag Group AG
PrintLine - printing edges with the inkjet printing method
Foundation of Homag Machinery Sroda (Poland)
Integration of the company TORWEGGE
First high-performance system for batch size 1
Development of the first high-speed power line
Integration of the company Weinmann
Clear design change; the machines are painted light blue-grey with a clearly outstanding blue wave line, illustrating wood fibre lines.
Foundation of HOMAG Machinery Shanghai (China)
Integration of the company LIGMATECH
Development of a machining center with edgebanding
Integration of the company HOLZMA
Integration of the company WEEKE
Integration of the company BARGSTEDT
Integration of the company FRIZ
Foundation of Homag Machinery Sao Paulo (Brazil)
Integration of the company BRANDT
First combined sizing-machine and edgebander
First edgebander in the world with a hot-cold process
Foundation of Hornberger Maschinenbau OHG by Eugen Hornberger and Gerhard Schuler, location: Schopfloch, Germany