Term for the final sanding before the first coat, color or filler is applied.
Sanding sequence for furniture panels
- Calibrating before applying veneers -> sanding drum
- Fine sanding before first paint job -> sanding pad
- Lacquer sanding after first paint job -> sanding pad
- Finishing/polishing -> sanding pad, brushes
- Lengthwise sanding aggregate with segmental pressure pad
- Lengthwise sanding aggregate with segmental pressure pad and chevron belt (so-called polishing aggregate) between sanding belt and sanding pad (because of the "mountain-valley-profile", sanding marks are interrupted.)
- Cross sanding unit (cross-belts) with Segmental pressure pad and chevron belt
- Vibrating sanding units/orbital aggregates
- Disc brush units
Feed table set to 'floating' position, pressure rollers set to 'rigid', thus consistent chip removal. Results: The work piece is finely sanded, differences in the thickness of the workpiece are remained.